Saturday, July 12, 2008

Herb Garden


I do not have a green thumb, in fact, it is pretty black. I tend to kill everything. My husband even asked me to please not buy any more plants, but I can't help it. I really want to have one of those beautiful magazine gardens. I've now decided to start small with some containers. I love fresh herbs to cook with and since those small packages at the grocery store are about $4.00 a piece, I decided to start with these type plants. I bought some good soil, peat, and vermiculite. I mixed the soil and planted some in strawberry pots, and some in a clay pot. I love the strawberry pot. It's so cute. I planted thyme, rosemary, oregano, parsley and in a separate pot some mint. I wanted sage, but in the whole town I couldn't find any sage plants. I put these pots on my back deck in a mostly sunny place and now the praying begins. I hope I don't mess up.

No comments: