Monday, January 12, 2009

New Clothes







My girls love playing with their favorite dolls, The American Girl Dolls. I love that they love playing with dolls. I want to keep them interested in this type of play for as long as possible. Recently, they've decided that their dolls need new clothes. I'll admit that from time to time I have and will purchase clothes from this company; however, they are pretty expensive. They average around $30 plus shipping for an outfit. I rarely spend that much for my children's clothes. Of course, I justify it by reminding myself that the dolls don't ever get any bigger! As I look through the catalog, I tell myself--you know that you sew and can make all this! So, that is what I have started doing. I bought many patterns for 18" dolls at Hobby Lobby (all their simplicity patterns are $.99 every other week) and set to work. I have made some modern clothes and some "vintage" using what I know about heirloom sewing. I modified patterns to make the dolls and my girls matching outfits. It is so much fun! Doll clothes come together in a snap and they are so darn cute!!!

No comments: