Friday, January 9, 2009



This is my third grade class, minus a couple who were absent, on dress up day during Spirit Week. They had a lot of fun coming up with outfits for each day's theme. It was a little wild, but fun for them. I have been looking at these pictures and thinking about how much they have already changed since the beginning of the school year. It's amazing how quickly they grow up. Third grade is a big transition for children. They have to become more independent and responsible for their work. Many adjustments have to be made from the days of the teachers holding their hands through it all. It's a really hard grade. They are doing well, some better than others (of course, that is to be expected) and I am proud of their progress.
Today, we said goodbye to one of our classmates. Rithvik (boy--last on right) is moving back to India with his parents. His father has a new job there and they must go. I will miss him. I have thought alot about him this week. They are Hindu and will be returning to a place where it is doubtful they will hear any more about Jesus. I took this seriously this week as I took opportunity to pray out loud with and for him. I realized that I might be the last person to speak the name of Jesus to him. Thankfully, his parents chose to send him to our Christian School (I'm not sure why). He has heard the truth of the gospel day in and day out for the past four years. I trust that God's word will not return void. Pray for Rithvik, that he will remember everything he has learned about Christ and that the seeds so carefully planted will take root and yield fruit in due season.

No comments: